As an intern I aided in college campus sustainability and recycling industry research. I also independently studied and developed electronic waste educational material and co-authored a manual on expanded recycling.
A week‐long, intensive training focusing on Iceland’s domesestic renewable energy technologies and the producuctionn, distribution and management of sustainable energy, including a small capstone project.
Continued from Senior Capstone project, the project consisted of a mesh network of devices that monitor power usage of off‐grid solar home systems, aggregating and uploading the data to an AWS database. I designed a producuction level PCB containing the passthrough device’s current sensing circuitry capable of measuring I/O ports and providing fault‐monitoring and emergency backup power. I was also responsible for writing and managing project firmware including ADC drivers, communication with microSD card using FATFS library and network management for the EZR32, an ARM Cortex‐M4 microcontroller.
- Developing the embedded firmware for the WrightGrid ModelZ Solar Powered Kiosk.
- Querying and analyzing MySQL database to improve the energy efficiency of the Modelz.
- Writing software to interface with AWS IoT over MQTT and designing a scalable remote management system to perform remote firmware updates and factory installations.
- Assisting hardware engineering as required, including design reviews of pcb's.
- Troubleshooting field unit software issues.